Susan’s Story ”This center has saved my life,”shares Susan, a veteran who has faced challenges in the past, but was unprepared for the devastation of losing her only son to COVID during Thanksgiving week 2021. Susan, like so many older adults, caregivers and providers, needs help dealing with the challenges of aging, as well as the impacts of a pandemic, housing crisis and economic uncertainty.
As with our 1,730 members, this dynamic woman appreciates Collier Senior Center’s support for caregivers and in-person programs, wellness calls, support groups, art classes, financial assistance, activities and unceasing dedication to providing hope, care and connection for seniors.
Now, more than ever, we see the value in working together as a community to continue programs and services at no charge to our seniors that ensure:
- No senior ever has to choose between medication, electricity or rent
- 1,700+ hungry seniors receive nourishing daily breakfasts and hot lunches each month
- Seniors and families enjoy easy access to Meals of Hope weekly food pantry
- 65 women receive mental health counseling, support and peer interaction (UPSLIDE)
- A safe, vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” for all seniors in Collier